Eating Smart and Moving More
~Submitted by Whitney Woodhull-Smith, DPT-Raleigh Therapy Services Physical Therapist
Eat Smart, Move More!
Childhood obesity is a growing epidemic in North Carolina and the United States. Physical activity is one of the key lifestyle factors that can help you and your children achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
Please visit www.eatsmartmovemorenc.com for more information.
A take home message to apply to your every day life from this great site: “5-3-2-1-Almost None”
- 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- 3 structured meals daily – eat breakfast, less fast food, and more meals prepared at home
- 2 hours or less of TV or video games daily
- 1 hour or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity daily
- Limit sugar-sweetened drinks to “almost none”
Filed under: Awareness, Physical Therapy, RTS Team, Therapy Ideas