UPDATED May 20, 2020
Our office will begin to reopen for in-person sessions. We will continue to offer telehealth services as an alternative at this time. Coverage is based on individual insurance plan guidelines. Please contact us if you have any questions.
MAKING OUR CLINIC SAFE AND PREVENTING EXPOSURE
- Therapists and families will have the option of wearing a mask and/or face shield. At this time, face masks are not recommended for many of the children we serve. Each family and therapist may decide for themselves if a mask and/or face shield is appropriate for the service being provided.
- Health questionnaire for clients and employees will be conducted. If anyone in your household has been sick, we ask that you call and re-schedule your child’s appointment.
- Anyone entering the RTS clinic must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- Our waiting room will remain closed at this time to limit exposure and spread of any potential germs.
- Parents will be asked to drop their child off and return to their vehicle for the duration of the session. Children will be returned to their vehicle by the treating therapist. If necessary, one parent will be allowed back with the child to the therapy room. No siblings will be allowed in the clinic at this time.
- Contactless payment arrangements will be made. You may call our office to make a payment by phone or you can pay online.
- Toys utilized during therapy sessions will be kept to a minimum. Toys will be sanitized before reuse.
- Fabric toys, play dough, sensory bins, the ball pit and other difficult to clean objects will not be used.
- Therapists will wash their hands before and after each session.
- Therapists will sanitize their therapy workspace between each client.
- Sessions may end a few minutes early to allow for disinfecting and sanitizing between sessions.
We will continue to update this policy as we move through the different phases set by the state. Thank you for your cooperation during this time. We look forward to working with your child.