UPDATED October 19, 2020
Our office has reopened for in-person sessions. Our therapists are also seeing patients in homes, preschools and childcare centers. We will continue to offer telehealth services as an alternative at this time. Coverage is based on individual insurance plan guidelines. Please contact us if you have any questions.
PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Therapists will wear a cloth face covering during therapy and evaluations in both the office and community sites.
- Patients over the age of 4 will be asked to wear a cloth face covering, if they are able to tolerate, when entering the office and for the duration of the session. Masks will not be required for the patient during feeding therapy.
- Therapists will wear gloves if working with body fluids.
- Parents/caregivers should wear a mask upon entering the office and while in a treatment room.
- Office staff will wear a mask when moving throughout the office and/or when unable to social distance at least 6ft. apart in a shared space.
- Staff, caregivers and patients who have medical conditions in which he/she cannot wear a mask (i.e. asthma), a mask will not be required.
PRE-SESSION HEALTH SCREENING
- Your child’s therapist will ask the following questions prior to the start of the session:
- Are you, or anyone you reside with, aware of having been exposed to a person who is known or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Does anyone in your household have any signs of illness including coughing, fever, loss of smell or other signs of illness today?
- If NO to both questions, the session will be completed.
- If YES to at least one of the questions, the session will be canceled. Please see Deciding When to Stay Home for further guidance.
- All RTS staff are required to follow the same procedures in the Deciding When to Stay Home document.
RTS OFFICE AND WAITING ROOM
- Anyone entering the RTS clinic must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- Therapists will wash their hands before and after each session.
- Our waiting room will remain closed at this time to limit exposure and spread of any potential germs.
- Parents will be asked to drop their child off and return to their vehicle for the duration of the session. Children will be returned to their vehicle by the treating therapist. If necessary, one parent will be allowed back with the child to the therapy room. No siblings will be allowed in the clinic at this time.
- Contactless payment arrangements will be made. You may call our office to make a payment by phone or you can pay online.
THERAPY TOYS AND MATERIALS
- Toys utilized during therapy sessions will be kept to a minimum. Toys will be sanitized before reuse.
- Fabric toys, play dough, sensory bins, the ball pit and other difficult to clean objects will not be used.
- Therapists will sanitize their therapy workspace between each client.
- Sessions may end a few minutes early to allow for disinfecting and sanitizing between sessions.
We will continue to update this policy as we move through the different phases set by the state. Thank you for your cooperation during this time. We look forward to working with your child.